This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
Have you noticed how difficult it is to write applications that work across mobile devices, personal computers and embedded devices? Maybe you know the efforts of Google and Microsoft to develop cross-platform frameworks like Xamarin and Flutter, and are not surprised by how little their competitors want to adopt those frameworks? Diskuv is a startup specializing in safety products that operate across mobile, PCs and embedded devices. The Diskuv SDK product will let developers write their own secure software on those same devices, and introduces novel ways to get past cross-platform roadblocks.
You will work with the founder to develop flagship applications of the Diskuv SDK, and to influence how developers such as yourself make writing of their own software easy, safe and fun. Successful candidates will be innovative, flexible, and self-directed. The right candidate will help define the product vision, translate this vision into a roadmap, and execute to this roadmap. The right candidate will also help hire their co-workers and other employees as we grow.
This position is 100% remote.
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps, ideally currently available in the Play Store or experience shipping one or more iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Familiarity with native build tools, such as XCode, Gradle and Android Studio
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
As a developer of safety products, must be able to pass periodic background checks specific to the region in which you live
- 2+ years iOS development experience or 2+ years Android development experience
- Familiarity with C and a functional language (Python, Scheme, OCaml). OCaml is highly useful although it is not required for this job